Thursday 16 February 2012

Developmental CAD designs for wallpaper lengths



I have started developing some compositions from the drawings and samples I have chosen to develop for my collection. My main ideas are to produce a 2d wallpaper using cad and screen printing and a 3d wallpaper length using cad designs and laser cut technology. Along side these at exhibition I am aiming to produce a lampshade collection using laser cut technology and have my designs printed on, not sure how yet either screen printed or by some other means, this is something I am still looking into however at the moment my tutor has advised I focus on creating many compositional layouts so I can see how things look and what works best to move on with. Above are the first 3 I did which are not the best I will admit! after discussing these with my tutor they don't seem to fit together and look too digital. So I started reflecting areas and shapes of samples to produce the below, which I think work much better however the pieces are very busy and full of colour, they look very intense and some slightly too much and crazy!




 this design below I think could be a really effective linear screen print in black over a design, the shapes and composition of the design is what sort of thing i have had in mind for layering over my 2d wallpaper length.
This one below is a prime example of a crazy too intense design, too many colours, which always isnt a bad thing however it doesnt work below here. This spread all over one wall you can imagine your eyes going a bit funny and dizzy.
These colour tones work much better together below, still a bit full on though.

Here I have toned them down a bit, after looking at my inspiration previously posted, Looking at the designers pieces they seem to have light areas and not have a full intense pattern. This is what I've tried to work towards below as I still want to add laser cut areas to designs and this is what needs to be kept in mind when producing designs.



No comments: